The National Accounts Manager (NAM) has the general responsibility to increase product sales through new and existing customers. The NAM is to generate growth through current channels of distribution as well as explore and develop additional profitable markets.
About 80% of time allocation will be spent developing and implementing plans of action to grow new business and 20% will be to to grow and manage existing major account.
The goal is that this person will increase sales and margins of current and new customer business by a minimum of 10% every year. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop and execute plans and prioritized 30-90 day goals to routinely exceed annual sales budget.
2. Identify and routinely meet with key decision-makers and influential sales personnel of major customers and prospects to implement sales plans, including quarterly business reviews, to achieve ongoing market penetration and growth.
3. Focus sales efforts throughout the Milk Specialties market to secure business on large dairies.
4. Identify and routinely meet with key dairy technical influencers including independent and feed company nutritionists, dairy veterinarians and other industry suppliers to develop positive relationships while coordinating closely with the Milk Specialties Technical Team.
5. Present Milk Specialties brands, services and people as leaders of the dairy industry.
6. Lead, coordinate and communicate all pertinent customer and prospect information and activity to Milk Specialties stakeholders.
7. Direct and support presentation and promotional materials as appropriate to facilitate product sales.
8. Communicate to the Milk Specialties Team and Management all competitor activities, new products and industry directions.
9. Coordinate with the Customer Satisfaction Team (FACE database), the resolution of all product and service issues
1. Manage travel and business expenditures appropriately for optimum cost effectiveness (estimated travel to be 60 – 80%).
2. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Dairy Science or related area preferred
2. 5 years previous sales experience, preferably in the feed or dairy industry
3. Excellent communication and relationship building skills
4. Strong working knowledge of PCs
5. Solid understanding of sales process
6. 60-80% travel, three to four nights out